History will recall (assuming she has nothing better to do with her time) the week ending 26 February 2010 as the week in which…
- Three eminent judges raked the British Chiropractic Association over the coals for their vexatious lawsuit against Simon Singh. It remains to be seen, however, if they will rule in Simon’s favour.
- In an even more pleasing turn of events for evidence-based medicine, The Science and Technology Select Committee ruled that the NHS should stop funding homeopathy.
- And of course, we finally got an answer to the question How does homeopathy work?
- Tim Cook lifted the lid on how Apple Inc functions. Methods include saying “no” to great ideas in order to stay focused – this apparently includes using the iPhone as a portable porno device. But what do they care – they just sold their ten billionth song on iTunes.
- Meanwhile, Palm looks into the abyss, yet again.
- Cheryl Cole left Ashley and may now have to rebrand.
- Gordon Brown is outed as a bully – but so is the National Bullying Helpline!
That was my week. How was yours?